WHAT’S THIS ABOUT?
A downtown law firm has been around for three decades and is ready to hire an experienced paralegal to support their legal team.
You will support several lawyers in various areas of practice, mainly in civil litigation, family law, as well as in labour law. To succeed, your communications skills must be exceptional in both English and French, as you will be conducting follow-ups with clients, lawyers, courts and other parties. Tact is of the essence paired with a sense of urgency and a structured approach to your work.
Given the nature of the work, you must know of legal procedures, protocols and the judicial system and have sound judgement. You don’t shy away from multi-tasking and you face challenges head-on.
Is this the opportunity you’ve been waiting for?
- Minimum of 4 years experience in litigation; Professional experience as a legal assistant
- Knowledge of legal procedures, protocols and the judicial system; can prepare and draft legal proceedings, serve opposing parties, filing legal documents at court
- Organized, thorough, rigourous and exceptional attention to detail
- Multi-tasker who can prioritize, work independently and within teams
- Must be perfectly fluent in English and French, written and oral
- Salary based on experience ($50,000 +)
- Group matching RSP & insurance
- Vibrant culture – group activities, sports, parties etc.
- 3 weeks vacation
- Centrally located at Peel metro station