WHAT’S THIS ABOUT?
Our client, a West Island-based leader in the frozen food industry, is looking for an ambitious and motivated assistant controller to join their fabulous team.
In a nutshell, they need someone who uses financial insights to help make strategic business decisions. This person acts to serve the larger vision but can also roll up their sleeves and handle month-ends and book-keeping. You will be supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments to make sure that everyone is aligned and working towards the same business goals.
If your career track includes serving as a corporate controller, this is an ideal opportunity for you. Make your move.
- 3+ years experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred; Professional certification (e.g. CPA) an asset
- Solid knowledge of GAAP & regulations
- Must be comfortable with accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, etc.); understand data analysis and forecasting
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Fluently bilingual
- Salary: $70,000 +
- Working in West Island office
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and summer hours
- Health and dental insurance
- Subsidized gym membership (post-COVID)